Heaven is The Only Place Where Prayers are Not Made



My plans for my trip would take a miracle for me to get to my destination.
This trip is one of importance; it is our annual extravaganza. I am the sponsor and speaker. This is a 4 day event of fun and excitement: Fashion  & Talent shows, Musical, Items for sale, door prizes, Games, and lots of food and drinks.
The weather is a problem:
At 5:00 a.m., I was awakened by a horrible storm.  Tornadoes were said to be wrapped in rain and air traffic was halted. People were reportedly stranded in airports.  The streets and highways were not suitable for traffic, according to a weather report.
Today is Thursday. My plans were to leave at 5:00 a. m. I have several vans packed with equipment and other things needed for this event that is scheduled in the great state of Texas! My family is asking, “Shall we start unpacking?”  They believe it is hopeless.  “The storms are not going to allow us to travel.”
I am not ready to give up. So, my decision was to wait until 8:00 a. m., and see if it is possible for us to leave.  While we are waiting I am praying for a miracle. The rain stopped completely at 9:00 a.m., the weather report informed of scattered thundershowers ahead.
We left Kansas at 10:00 a.m. There were some lightning and thunderstorms along our journey. We arrived in Texas in the very late evening; thankful to God for a safe trip, a nice hotel and good Texas food to eat before retiring for the night, and looking forward  to a great event with family and friends, and meeting lots of new people and old friends.
 My Speech:   The Storms of Life
On the first night of this event, I opened with a prayer and testimony. Everyone has a story to tell. I want to hear their stories. Many of their stories were very sad ones. My purpose is to listen, and to determine how best I can help each person. After listening to their stories, I chose to speak about The Storms of Life.
Storms will come and there is nothing we can do to prevent them. However, we can pray and patiently wait for God to get us safely through the storms. Just as the weather related storms cause disasters and harm and will halt our plans. So does the things that occur in our lives; such things as sickness, accidents, loss of financial income, divorce, problems in relationships, family problems and other reasons for unhappiness. We have a choice; give up or endure.
Hope comes from prayer. It gives us strength to endure and to persevere. Heaven is the only place where prayers are not made. 
__ Ellen J. Barrier

View more @ http://barriersbooks.com/Hot-Items

No comments:

Post a Comment